1. To qualify for entry in the Critics Challenge International Wine Competition, a wine must have been produced for commercial sale. Homemade wines will not be accepted for judging.
2. Each wine's category will be determined by information on the label.
3. The decision of the judges is final.
4. The Competition Director reserves the right to create new categories if the number of entries warrant.
5. Six (6) 750ml bottles or the equivalent comprise an entry.
6. Entry fee is $90 per wine. Entries must be received by deadline.
7. All wines entered must be received by deadline.
8. Make checks payable to Critics Challenge. We also accept Visa, Master Card and American Express. Charges will appear on your statement as "Wine Cellar Productions Inc."
All wines become the property of the Critics Challenge International Wine Competition.
It is best for foreign wineries to use their own importer or agent to clear their wines through U.S. Customs. A winery without representation in the United States may still enter using the Critics Challenge's import agent, Accolade Brands. Accolade will need winery name, wine name, grape varieties, retail value and alcohol content on each wine for the forms it submits to the TTB for the approvals that are required. A fee of $75 will be charged for clearing up to three entries through U.S. Customs if the shipper uses a freight forwarder such as FedEx or DHL. The fee for entries that arrive via direct air freight is $150. The fee for more than three entries using a freight forwarder is $150; for more than three entries using direct air freight, $300. All import fees are due in advance along with the entry fees. Information about the wines to be cleared should be faxed to 619-294-4878 or emailed to Director Robert Whitley at email@example.com. All foreign entries imported by the Competition should indicate Accolade Brands as the importer on the commercial invoice, using Robert Whitley as the contact person and 619-804-0371 as the contact phone number. IMPORTANT: Do not ship the wines until the necessary COLA waivers have been obtained from TTB.
NOTE: The above fee is for import services only. Sender is responsible for shipping costs and any duties, taxes, customs charges or other fees accessed by your carrier or third parties with whom you contract.